Prep & Assembly: ≤8 mins
Type: Main Meal
Notes: This recipe contains: Vitamin A, B-Vitamins. Vitamins C & K, carbohydrates, protein, fibre, iron, magnesium, potassium and per serving is low in salt, sugar and saturated fats.
It’s Friday- so let’s make this post quick and tasty! 🙂
This is a great vegan sandwich (that admittedly we made ages ago) that is perfect for those lunch time slumps! We’re not just talking about fuelling you with postprandial energy (because this sandwich has loads of sustainable energy!), but for when you are bored with your regular lunchtime menu. #stuckinarut #samelunchforamonth !!
Planning is important to help create a well-balanced and healthy lifestyle (particularly one that you won’t loathe and that will continually develop your palate and cooking skills!)…
…but if you follow a plant-based lifestyle, this typically means that you will have to plan ahead (unless you don’t budget!?!) and really tap into your creative and adventurous side, so that your meals avoid becoming repetitive, boring and/or potentially unhealthy or just not nutritionally balanced!
If you’re like us, lunchtime is the most difficult meal to meal plan, not only due to schedules but general indecisiveness! We can be creatures of habit when it comes to our main meals, but sometimes we really don’t know what we’ll fancy for lunch until the day; all the more reason to meal plan some decent eats!
This sandwich can be prepped in advance and prepared on the day (or the night before). It contains our lovely and zesty broad bean and spinach dip (that also makes an awesome sandwich filling!). Add some beautifully roasted red bell peppers and delicate baby spinach; all layered between a couple slices of toasted multi-grain bread (delicious!).👌 Wash it down with a glass of unsweetened almond or soya milk and you’re good to get on with the rest of your day! #thatfridayfeeling
- Per serving, this sandwich provides you with approx. 2.5 servings of fruits/veggies towards your 5-A-Day!
Have a great weekend everyone! 🙂
1 Roasted Red Bell Peppers, cut into strips
3T. Broad Bean & Spinach Dip
1 Handful of Baby Spinach, washed & dried
2 Slices of Multi-Grain Bread, toasted (GF if required)
Directions (In Seven Simple Steps!)
1. Chop the roasted bell pepper into strips (if you haven’t already done so).
2. Wash and dry the spinach. Remove and discard any large stems.
3. Place the bread into a toaster and heat until lightly brown and crispy.
4. Spoon 2 tbsp of broad bean dip onto one slice of the bread. Spread evenly.
5. Layer the spinach over the spread.
6. Layer the strips of roasted bell pepper over the spinach. Spoon 1 tbsp of bean spread onto the other slice of bread, spreading evenly.
7. Place the slice of bread (with just the bean spread) over the roasted bell pepper. Slice into halves and serve.