We have been nominated for The Liebster Award by: BubblesandBooyah!
Thanks so much BubblesandBooyah for this lovely nomination! This is an award for bloggers from bloggers, to welcome new bloggers to the blogging community.
We think this is an awesome concept of getting to know your new fellow bloggers in such a friendly, supportive and light-hearted manner! We feel very privileged 🙂
Our job is to answer these questions from bubblesandbooyah and complete the rest of the rules below. Here we go…
1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Alex & Lynn say: Time manipulation! Give us 5 reasons dudes why this wouldn’t be a good idea?!
2. If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
Pack up and go travelling for 3 months! It’s been ages since we had a holiday… and the UK does not have nearly enough bank holidays compared to the rest of the world!
3. What is your favourite memory?
Alex says: Seeing a perfect reflection of a full moon on a calm sea.
Lynn says: A cold (but unusually sunny) day in Edinburgh when Alex proposed to me. 🙂
4. What are you reading right now?
We both love reading and expanding our minds; Alex had too many books for our small London flats, so the charity shops benefited from our annoying predicament!
Lynn says: Currently I am researching for articles and trying to re-read the book: Mindfulness
Alex says: I am reading The MARSIPAN eating disorder guidelines.
5. Where do you most want to travel, but haven’t been?
East Asia! There’s so much culture and so many amazing wonders to see and experience. It would be incredible and possibly life changing!
6. What is your “Booyah“?
A state of mind or what excites you eh….
Alex says: Knowing the new game of thrones is on that night!
Lynn says: Exercise. It’s the one thing that can truly tap into both your physical and mental sides at once and set you up for a good day!
7. How would your friends describe you?
Both: Kind, well-mannered, well-spoken, polite, generous, funny, healthy, smart, organised, smiley. Also..
Alex: computer savvy
8. What is your biggest success up until now?
Surviving London and London’s underground system for 13years without having a meltdown!
London can eat you up and spit you out if you’re not careful! It’s also over populated, dirty as hell, has some of the worse drivers we’ve seen, it’s full of angry and impatient people that don’t know how to use a sidewalk and walk too fast for their own good, it’s the worse place to be when it’s over 25 degrees and its also a really expensive location to live in!
On the other hand, it’s full of culture (through the sites and the people that live there) and history, it still manages to have save some green masses (which is important!) as you need to escape everything and have a bit of zen; there is also something about it that always pulls you back when you leave.
9. Why did you start your blog?
Eat2Health is a new venture; it’s an extension of our new business (the quirks are still being ironed out)! We are both passionate about healthy eating and lifestyle advice and feel that it’s important to represent this field in an evidence-based manner… and highlight the bad science spread by gossip magazines and/or advertisers.
Lynn says: I also like trying and sharing new recipes!
10. What is your fave ice cream flavour?
None! We’re both vegans…but even in our pre-vegan days, various medical conditions prevented us from eating/enjoying it. To be honest, since we’ve gone vegan we don’t have strong sugar cravings anymore…So we’ll improvise…
Alex says: I love coffee and walnut cake!
Lynn says: I love baked goods that have a strong ginger, cinnamon or vanilla flavour! 🙂
11. What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
Alex says: Gimme Shelter by the rolling stones!
Lynn says: Anything that gets me pumped to exercise, like The Kings of Leon or Ellie Goulding.
11 Random Facts About Ourselves!
1. I am lactose intolerant and hate dairy!
2. I immigrated to the UK from Canada over 15 years ago.
3. My ancestry is half Scottish but I consider myself quite British now…but I am not a royalist (Sorry Will & Kate)!
4.I am a firm believer that actions speak louder than words.
5. I’m allergic to wasps and pretty much everything else to do with the outdoors… yes that includes cute farm animals & your pets!
6. I suffer from vertigo and also have a fear of spiders!
7. I can twist, roll and bend my tongue in half; I only discovered this in a ‘Ripley’s Believe It Or Not museum’!
8. I preformed the Heimlich on myself last year when a piece of mango tried to take me out. Not cool man- I love fruit!
9. Annoyingly one of my vices is peanut butter.
10. I’ve broken a wrist and a finger playing sports as a kid- but I still love ice skating!
11. I’ve run one half marathon- because that’s all my knees can genetically take!
1. I was a mobile go-kart instructor for kids!
2. I love adrenaline sports.
3. I’m allergic to milk!
4. I have one pair of jeans with big holes in them and no jeans with manufactured holes in them!
5. I nearly died in two car accidents when I was 18!
6. I’ve been in an air ambulance (see above!)
7. I have one baby tooth left. 🙂
8. I was a cool geek before tv made it cool to be a geek!
9. I like satire and occasionally slap stick.
10. I passionately hate any type of fly!
11. I prefer to be five minutes late than five minutes early! (Sorry Lynn!)
Questions from Eat2Health Blog:
1. What have you found to be the hardest thing about blogging and why?
2. Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
3. What’s the best movie you’ve seen this year?
4. Do you eat2health?
5. What song brings you the most memories when played and why?
6. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve over come up until this point?
7. What’s your all-time favourite book?
8. Do you look at your glass as half empty or half full?
9. What’s your favourite dish to cook or bake in the kitchen?
10. Where’s the most exotic and/or interesting place you’ve travelled to?
11. What one piece of wisdom could you pass on to your fellow bloggers (not necessarily about blogging!)?
…Now list 11 random facts about yourself!
The Blogs We Nominate For The Award Are:
Your job is to answer these questions in a blog post and spread the Liebe!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 –11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Woop woop! Keep up all this fantastic blogging, friends!